If anyone is having a Python Interest Group meeting this month, please consider devoting 15-30 minutes to coming up with random task ideas for the Google Highly Open Participation Contest.
- tasks must involve Python and Open Source;
- non-core pet projects are welcome;
- building screencasts, updating documentation, and adding unit tests are all fine activities;
- please be specific: no "find and fix 5 bugs", but rather "fix THESE 5 bugs";
- don't worry about difficult tasks;
- and you're welcome to judge the task's completion yourself.
(I'm going to try this at our Thursday meeting of the SoCal PIGgies.)
Please feel free to ping me or otherwise ask me to give you some examples of tasks, or go take a look at the tasks for yourself.
Posted by Doug Hellmann on 2007-12-06 at 09:27.
Titus, in case you missed my email: PyATL has challenged BayPiggies to come up with more tasks than we do. SoCal PIGgies is welcome to join in the friendly competition, too.