In September, I will be visiting the NIH to "chart the next 5 years of data science at the NIH." This meeting will use an open space approach, and we were asked to provide some suggested topics. Here are five topics that I suggested, and one that Jeramia Ory suggested (the last one) in response to my posting these on Twitter.
Additions? Thoughts? Suggestions?
- Education and training in data science: from undergrad through independence
- Fostering the careers of data scientists in biomedical research
- Building sustainable cyberinfrastructure to support data intensive research in biomedical sciences
- Supporting and incentivizing a transition to more open science
- 5 years out: now that we have all the data, what do we do next?
- How do we support/train curators or a culture of curation? (Good curation is a bottleneck to insight.)